Intern With Us
Brighter Bites offers unpaid internships to students and non-students interested in public health, nutrition, and nonprofit work. We invite you to join our program staff in the field or work behind the scenes building our brand and developing relationships. Our interns are exposed to all components of Brighter Bites to gain a well-rounded understanding of how a public health community nutrition nonprofit operates.
Brighter Bites offers three types of internships that support our city programs in three cohorts: fall, spring, and summer. Please be aware that not all intern positions are always available in every city or in every cohort.
If you would like to be considered for an internship, please review the position descriptions below for more details and requirements. Then fill out the online application. Applications are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. We will begin interviewing select candidates before the application deadlines.
- Exclusively for students enrolled in a dietetic program requiring a community nutrition internship rotation.
- Length of internship is flexible with dietetic program requirements.
- A mix of fieldwork and some small projects.
- Ideal for those who want to gain experience working with a public health nonprofit and may need to fulfill fieldwork hours required by their school/program.
- Mostly fieldwork and possible small projects.
- Exclusively for graduate students needing a practicum, capstone, or other project to satisfy a degree requirement.
- Excludes students who only need fieldwork hours.
- Available in select cities on an as-needed basis.
- One large project and some fieldwork.
The Brighter Bites Program Internships Application is now open!
|Spring 2021||Currently closed, but accepting interns on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com to inquire about openings.
For interns interested in applying for Salinas, California, please complete the application at the link below.
|Summer 2021||May 28, 2021|
|Fall 2021||August 27, 2021|
Brighter Bites offers internships as they become available with our non-program departments in Houston, Dallas, and Austin only. These internships are offered to students and non-students interested in working with public health, nutrition, and nonprofit organizations.
Houston: Human Resources, Development, Finance, Marketing & Communications
Dallas: Produce Sourcing, Strategic Partnerships, Nutrition Education
These internships are limited. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries!
Meet Our Interns
Say hello to a few of our Summer 2019 and School Year 2019-2020 interns!